Hello There, Guest! Login Register
CapChecker Citadel Tool!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-22-2018, 08:00 PM #1
J3 Offline Not quite 한국어
Posts:4,942 Threads:500 Joined:Feb 2012 Reputation: 8 RS name J3 (OSRS: J3 Sven)
Introducing.... CapChecker!

Hello everybody! It's been quite a while since my name last occupied your OXP frontpage news! But I have returned with a bang! Today I introduce to you all, our latest innovation in clan technology... CapChecker! This neat little website keeps track of our clanmates. Who has capped when and how often people have capped since we started tracking. This tool will also aid in our cap lottery, taking a big workload off our admin team's shoulders.

How does it work?
You may wonder how this tool gets it's data, in order for CapChecker to notice your Citadel efforts you're required to have a public runemetrics profile. So make sure to change your privacy settings before getting your next citadel cap done!

What is to come?
With this being an initial release, there is obviously more to come. Currently, importing the clan data requires a human to push a button. We intend to put this on a schedule so nobody needs to worry about that anymore. After that we'd like to allow our admin team to manually add names to the database, this way people who prefer to keep their runemetrics private can still get a chance at winning our monthly lottery!

Special thanks to...
Whilst I would love to take all the credit, that would be unfair to the highest degree. I came up with the idea for this website a couple of months ago, and I had my own try at this with little result. So I have to thank our fellow clanmember E3D for making all the back end of this puppy work like a well oiled machine. Taking time out of his busy schedule to get this project up and running in under 10 days!

So what are you waiting for? Get skilling in the citadel, and get your name on the board!

01-23-2018, 01:47 PM #2
Insert GPs Offline Pretty close to Forum God *******
Posts:1,786 Threads:122 Joined:Sep 2012 Reputation: 11 RS name Insert GPs
Amazing work guys!

01-24-2018, 07:24 PM #3
E Bom Offline OXP *
Posts:3,533 Threads:331 Joined:Feb 2012 Reputation: 4 RS name OXP
very innovative, nice work!

01-25-2018, 12:53 PM #4
Insert GPs Offline Pretty close to Forum God *******
Posts:1,786 Threads:122 Joined:Sep 2012 Reputation: 11 RS name Insert GPs
Added the Cap Checker to the top navigation bar on the forums.

Keep it up lads!

01-25-2018, 07:51 PM #5
Ricci Offline Junior Member **
Posts:19 Threads:2 Joined:Apr 2017 Reputation: 1 RS name cest la rci
Nice work both of you, really proud to see you two managed to get it done in only a few days.

01-26-2018, 05:58 PM #6
J3 Offline Not quite 한국어
Posts:4,942 Threads:500 Joined:Feb 2012 Reputation: 8 RS name J3 (OSRS: J3 Sven)
Just a heads up, E3D is currently ironing out some bugs, we discovered that there was a slight mishap in the way we stored the data which could lead to problems in the future. So if you notice duplicate entries of your caps or other odd things that is because there is ongoing maintenance Smile