Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Daily AoD Sessions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05-21-2017, 08:42 AM #1
shura Offline Donated ingame money
Posts:141 Threads:16 Joined:Jul 2015 Reputation: 0 RS name Shura

The purpose of this event is to allow for our clan-mates and other locale from within World 99 to join in on some Nex: Angel of Death sessions happening every day at reset or slightly after. 

The boss is definitely classified as an upper-tier PvM fight, coming with unique mechanics, which will challenge every individual.

The fight is worth the time and effort as you are rewarded well, and will allow people to hangout from the regular xp-grind. 

These sessions are intended to be aimed at the medium-sized 10Man teams, consisting of 1 Base tank, 4 Minion tanks and approximately 5 other dpsers. 

The mage dpsers will use ancients (highest ice spells), or normal spellbook while having runes for entangle and vulnerability. Ranged dpsers will use their highest level of arrows/bolts available. 

As every boss, there are certain requirements to attain beforehand  and it is preferred if most of these are within your grasp. I will get straight to the point and put the recommendations below:

T90+ Weapons recommended such as:
  • Seren Godbow>Noxious longbow>Ascension Crossbows
  • Staff of Sliske>Noxious Staff>Seismic Wand and Seismic Singularity
  • Zaros Godsword > Noxious Scythe

T80+ Armour (pref aug'd)
  • Tectonic > Superior Zuriel's equipment > Refined anima equipment > Virtus
  • Sirenic > Superior Morrigan's equipment > Refined anima equipment > Pernix
  • Malevolent > Superior Statius' equipment > Refined anima equipment > Torva
       Shields
  • Range: Vengeful kiteshield > Eagle-eye kiteshield > Elysian spirit shield (only tanking with penance)
  • Mage: Merciless kiteshield > Farseer kiteshield > Arcane spirit shield (only tanking with penance)
  • Melee: Malevolent kiteshield > Chaotic kiteshield > Divine spirit shield (only tanking with penance)
       Gloves
  • Spellcaster's gloves > Celestial Handwraps / Deathtouch bracelet > Virtus gloves
  • Nightmare gauntlets > Swift gloves > Ascension Grips / Deathtouch bracelet >Pernix gloves
  • Goliath gloves > razorback gauntlets > Deathtouch bracelet > Torva gloves

Rings
  • Asylum surgeon's ring > Ring of death > Sixth-age circuit

Pocket slot
  • Scrimshaw of cruelty > Illuminated godbook activated (Bandos > Saradomin / Armadyl) > Berserker blood essence
  • Scrimshaw of elements > Illuminated godbook activated (Bandos > Saradomin / Armadyl) > Berserker blood essence

Ammunition
  • Magic: Large rune pouch
  • Ranged: Tirannwin quiver

Switches
  • Planted feet switch
  • Luck of the Dwarves
  • Ring of Vigour
  • Enhanced Excalibur
       Auras
  • Magic: Runic Accuracy Aura > Maniacal > Dark Magic
  • Ranged: Sharpshooter Aura > Reckless > Dark Magic
  • Melee: Brawler Aura > Berserker > Invigoration

Familiars
       The point of these sessions are to attain successful kills, as such the following are recommended:
  • Pack-Yaks (if you are learning / are base tank)
  • Nihils (for the de-buffing accuracy bonus)
  • Steel Titans (most-preferred)
       Other add-ons
  • Bonfire bonus
  • Antipoison potions
  • Defence skill-cape perk
  • Desert-Pantheon aura (commune more hp and signs)
    -side note: I go to the Glacor Cave for a piece of mind (this does not work in the fight)

Note: This is a basic set-up, I assume you may have better or near-similar set-up, I just use cheaper supplies as I get more comfortable with kills.
  • A shield is needed in case you are in a quadrant or need to heal using resonance.
  • Damage boosting potions are required, preferably overloads and beyond
  • Brews and rocktails help in sticky situations, and this is not an uncommon occurrence 
  • Antipoison is needed in the last phase as the poison from nex hit you for 1-2k damage per every few game-ticks
  • Guthix staff should have the special attack unlocked as it is super essential

The section below will give a general guidance to a basic ability rotation that can help with Nex: AoD and other high-level bosses as well. It is not the best, but it is somewhat decent. I am not known for excellent dps, but at the very least, it should help those that are looking for a rotation. 

• These sessions will be for two-hours starting a little after reset.
  • Add me (shura#6347) for the discord link via discord, or pm me in-game/forums
  • All rare loots will be split among people that have were in that kill(s)
  • No drama is allowed within the discord channel or during kills
  • Help each other out and have a good time =D

05-22-2017, 03:35 PM #2
arby flash Offline Junior Member **
I'd be interested in this once I upgrade my magic gear. Thanks for the detailed post, too.

05-22-2017, 07:12 PM #3
Borithil Offline Junior Member **
Posts:2 Threads:0 Joined:Feb 2012 Reputation: 0 RS name Borithil
While you're suggesting ability rotations, and promoting this as a place to learn I thought I'd share this excellent ability rotation guide by the same person that made the AoD Guide you linked. It's a playlist, so check the other videos out too. Also it talks about tying in Detonate with Auto Attacks! That's neat.

05-24-2017, 03:20 AM #4
First drop so far in a 9-man

Pm me for invites to kills @ shura#6347 or in-game

Cheers,

Shura

07-08-2017, 07:11 AM #5
Bump,

marathon aod this coming reset if any1 is downs